Prompt: The color green.
((Nothing really creative came to my mind when I thought of the color green, but, strangely enough, I have a plethora of memories that arise. So, I'm going to try something new that will be a tad unconventional. This is how my memories flow. And yes, every single one of these has something to do with the color green.))
Horses galloping on carosels against a field in my bedroom.
Stories from my mother, about celebrating my grandfather's birthday with his least favorite color.
A glittering crystal bowl filled to the brim with foamy punch.
Anticipation of travelling across the country.
The shade of the warm cotton shirts Mom wore.
The dressing room for theatre, designed to calm nerves.
The tint of the grass as I buried my face in its lushness.
Summer days, never-ending.
My heart swelling with pride at my hard-earned belt.
Neon shirts worn proudly.
Playfully cracking glow sticks.
Pouring boiling jello into a cool vat.
Laughing joyously over field-ruling victories.
The foreign lands curving into majestic hills.
Simple wonders of Converse and ankle socks.
The notebook of hopes, dreams, and forever-thoughts.
The hurts sealed in an envelope.
Feeling warmth of being home for the holidays.
The days behind, and the future beyond.
No comments:
Post a Comment