Sunday, January 15, 2012

Writing Challenge - Day Thirteen

Prompt: Pen vs Pencil

A philosophical touch on Pens vs. Pencils. :)

Upon my heart, if I had written a promise in pencil, the promise would no longer be in effect and would be forgotten, as pencil marks disappear over time.
If I dare to etch my signature on a marriage license in pencil rather than pen, it would not be "til death do us part", but rather "till signatures fade do we part"
When the time comes for me to have children, I will not write their names on their birth certificates in pencil, as they will become "he/she who has not been named", or simply cease to exist.
I do not write my memories in pencil, nor do I keep my mind etched in graphite.
However, when I have made mistakes, and hurt someone I love, I want nothing more than to have used a pencil, so I can erase the pain and sorrows from their heart.

1 comment:

Skyeler said...

Oh, pretty... I like this ^_^