Prompt: Spicy Mustard
((I ask my roommate for a list of random prompts and this is the first thing she comes up with. :) Haha, love ya, Britt! Well, since I have a couple of prompts to catch up on, this is going to be fairly short. Let's see what I can come up with...beware: this might be dangerously lame, but delightfully (I hope) entertaining. Ha.))
I never figured out why, but something my brother told me last year struck a chord deep within the recesses of my soul; the words he whispered fleetingly into my ear reached into my spirit, churning up a torrent of despair within my gut. Perhaps it had something to do with the way he said it, or the context of the situation we were faced with. I might never know for sure. But the words he uttered were so heart-pounding, that I barely had time to realize that my knees had buckled underneath me, until my head slammed to the ground.
Or, at least, that is what I was told.
You see, I don't remember anything. Not standing next to my brother. Not what I was doing at that moment. Not even falling to the ground really, just that I did. I have the bruise to prove it.
The words. My brother's voice. His breath harshly tickling my ear as he desperately hissed them. That is all I remember. I'm not even positive why I know that I have a brother, because as far as I'm concerned, I don't know who or what I am. All that I am certain of are the words. And even then...I don't understand. What meaning could they hold? Are they life-saving utterances of power, or a code to a deeper mystery? I sometimes wonder if I will ever understand.
Could you help me? Help me to decipher these words; they might hold the answer to so many questions. Help me.
Spicy Mustard.
((Now...place a comment on the bar telling me what you think the words mean. And depending on how many responses I get, and how interesting they are, this might become a rather entertaining series I could write. :) I'm seeing potential! Corny potential, but potential nonetheless!))
1 comment:
Kinda makes me thing of bad wolf.
I guess it could trigger a memory of something with thier family...
Beautiful writing!! I love reading your daily writings!
Post a Comment